You may not have realised it, but the future is coming sooner than we thought.
Electric vehicles are more popular than ever before as consumers become more environmentally conscious and look to reduce fuel costs at a time when the price of petrol and diesel is soaring.
Research from our data insights team found that 41% of the population believe greater accessibility to electric cars is the best way to make transport greener in this country – more preferable than incentivising walking or cycling (37%), incentivising shared vehicles (17%) or accessibility to e-scooters and shared bikes (13%).
Our study also revealed that almost half of us (49%) are open to the idea of buying a used EV, even though this sector of the market is still in its infancy.
We know that customers are gravitating towards vehicles with the shortest lead times, due to current supply chain delays affecting the manufacturing of new cars.
And as the UK prepares for the impending 2030 ban on new petrol and diesel car sales, the EV market is expected to grow exponentially.
That’s why, with many manufacturers and retailers looking to focus their attention on the transition to electric, a comprehensive insurance goes hand-in-hand with your new vehicle.
At Volkswagen Financial Services UK, we understand the importance of peace of mind, and all the benefits a premium-class insurance policy can offer.
Here are just some of the benefits of VWFS insurance for your EV, at no additional cost:
- 12 months of comprehensive cover, offering quality service and support
- Approved repairs carried out by trained technicians meaning if there are any issues with your vehicle, it will be repaired to the same high standards as before
- Only genuine parts* and accessories alongside a two-year warranty with each
- Keeping you on the road with a courtesy car when your car is being repaired by an Approved Repairer
- Whether your EV is owned or leased, we will cover your battery if it becomes damaged as a result of an insured accident
With VWFS insurance, you will be supported by a team who are as passionate about your vehicle as you are. With the premium benefits offered, you can drive safe in the knowledge that your EV will be in safe hands.
VWFS Insurance is provided by U K Insurance Limited, the underwriter for some of the country’s biggest brands, which means you can rest assured that you have a policy tailored specifically for your new car.
For more information on electric vehicles, visit our dedicated EV hub here.
For more on all things insurance, click here.
*Excluding windscreen cover